With the distractions of wine country color largely behind us, we can concentrate of the various other beautiful aspects of the Sonoma County landscape. We wil take the backroads and explore areas of the county that most people never see. Hopefully the winter will have been wet at this point and there will be "drama" in the landscape. The itinerary will be decided based on the weather conditions that day.
We will primarily focus on the rural and natural features of the county. We could be photographing misty hills and mountains, vineyards, redwood (and other) forests, as well as old buildings and maybe even the sea.
This particular workshop will focus on how to photograph in hazy light/harsh light. In addition, we will focus on how to capture shadow detail in high contrast scenes without losing detail in highlights. If there are overcast conditions, we will go over the proper exposure settings to get vibrant pictures.
General Topics that will be Covered
We will focus on building up your technical foundation, including:
- Setting color and image quality settings for best results
- Focusing, depth of field, and image sharpness
- Getting the right exposure through the use of histograms
- Learning how to use exposure compensation to get better results
- How to identify strong compositions
- How to improve contrast and clarity in difficult lighting
- And, the location of several beautiful places to photograph
WHERE: Mid-Sonoma County
DATE: Sunday, December 4th
TIME: 11:00 AM to Sunset
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 6 participants
We will start out from my studio in Petaluma, from there we will carpool to the Russian River area. A map will be provided to all participants detailing the exact routes of where the workshop took place after the workshop is over.
The price is for tuition only. This course fee does not include transportation or meals.