Point Reyes covers quite a bit of territory. We may photograph both inside and outside of the park. The subject matter we may photograph includes forests, beaches, old buildings and plant and animal life. We will visit the best places to photograph during this time of year, based on the time of day and weather conditions.
We will primarily focus on the natural landscape and/or seashore, but we will also likely photograph some of the buildings that exist in this area.
This particular workshop will focus on how to photograph in hazy light/harsh light. In addition, we will focus on how to capture shadow detail in high contrast scenes without losing detail in highlights. If there are overcast conditions, we will go over the proper exposure settings to get vibrant pictures.
General Topics that will be Covered
We will focus on building your technical foundation no matter what your current skill level, including:
- Focus, depth of field, and image sharpness
- Maximizing image quality through setting the ideal exposure for each situation
- Working with color and image quality settings to enable the creation of professional quality prints
- How to evoke a sense of place and emotion in your imagery
- How to spot new ways of identifying strong compositions
- The exact locations of several beautiful places to photograph
WHERE: West Marin and Point Reyes
DATE: Sunday, July 9th
TIME: 2:00 PM to Sunset
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 6 participants
We will start out from my studio in Petaluma, from there we will carpool to West Marin County (or you can meet up with us near the park). A map will be provided to all participants detailing the exact routes of where the workshop took place after the workshop is over.
The price of $99.00 is for tuition only. This course fee does not include transportation or meals.