We may photograph both in and out of the park. The subject matter may include forests, grasslands, beaches, old buildings, and plant and animal life. It is likely to be clear with good weather, the rains don't usually start until around November.
Using histograms, the workshop will focus on how to photograph in harsh light, capturing detail in both the light and dark areas of a scene. If it is overcast, we will go over the settings needed to get vibrant pictures.
General Topics Covered
We will build up your technical foundation no matter your current level, including:
- Focusing, depth of field, and image sharpness
- Getting the ideal exposure for each situation
- Proper camera settings to get high quality images
- When, how, and what filters to use to improve images
- Evoking a sense of place and emotion in your imagery
- How to spot new ways of identifying strong compositions
- The exact locations of beautiful places to photograph
WHERE: West Marin and Point Reyes
DATE: Tuesday, October 9th
TIME: 12:30 PM to Sunset
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 6 participants
We will start from Lance's studio in Petaluma, where we will carpool (or you can meet up along the way). A map will be provided to everyone detailing the exact stops of the workshop after it is over. We will stop for snacks and drinks in Point Reyes Station or Inverness before entering the park. Bathrooms will be available every few hours.
The price of $99.00 is for tuition only. Fee does not include transportation or meals.