This is a region that I visit over and over again throughout the year. Summer is a particularly good time to get great images here.
We will primarily focus on the natural landscape and seascape. It is likely to be clear with coastal fog creeping in during the late afternoon. We may photograph in redwood or oak forests, as well as hilltops with panoramic views of both the Pacific as well as views of parts of San Francisco bay and the city of San Francisco itself. We may do some short hikes away from our vehicles in some spots.
This particular workshop will focus on how to photograph in hazy light/harsh light. In addition, we will focus on how to capture shadow detail in high contrast scenes without losing detail in highlights. If there are overcast conditions, we will go over the proper exposure settings to get vibrant pictures.
General Topics that will be Covered
We will focus on building your technical foundation no matter what your current skill level, including:
- Focus, depth of field, and image sharpness
- Maximizing image quality through setting the ideal exposure for each situation
- Working with color and image quality settings to enable the creation of professional quality prints
- How to evoke a sense of place and emotion in your imagery
- How to spot new ways of identifying strong compositions
- The exact locations of several beautiful places to photograph
WHERE: Mt. Tamalpais and Bolinas Ridge
DATE: Tuesday, August 7th
TIME: 2:00 PM to Sunset
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 6 participants
We will start out from my studio in Petaluma, from there we will carpool to Bolinas Ridge (or you can meet up with us near the park). A map will be provided to all participants detailing the exact routes of where the workshop took place after the workshop is over.
The price of $99.00 is for tuition only. This course fee does not include transportation or meals.